It's been rough lately. Poor Jeff! I don't know how he handles all that he does with work and his crazy family driving him nuts all day (one of the problems you have by working at home I guess). When Stella has difficult times or goes through phases it's a hard adjustment and it's particularly hard because like her father she is perfect 99% of the time. So where do these tantrums come from and how do I prepare for them? I wanted to write down some thoughts so during those hard times I can remember this is why I never want to get angry or make her feel bad.
Last night Stella wouldn't sleep. It was miserable, she was a big tantrum thrower the last few days as well. I was exhausted. My body hurt everywhere and I still have a bout of morning sickness at least once a day. In the middle of the night while laying next to her trying to keep her asleep, Stella did a jerk movement which hit me and caused me to react by saying 'Ow!'
This tiny little thing that has only been on the earth for two years and is quite possibly still asleep herself, looks at me with concern and says 'oh sorry!'
SORRY!?
I don't even know where she learned the word, but she was genuinely concerned that she had hurt me and wanted me to know it. I immediately got tears in my eyes which happens very easily now a days. All the pain both physical and emotional was gone and I could only feel a bursting love for this gorgeous little girl.
On another day that was particularly difficult I started to cry and as usual my darling daughter was by my side, rubbing my shoulder, telling me 'don't cry' and 'it's ok. You're ok'.
Who is this kid?!
I don't know how I got so lucky. Stella is a pure angel and I love everything about her. She has just the right amount of feistiness and sass mixed with her tender concern for those she thinks are suffering. She loves to dance and sing and dress up and her personality easily overshadows both that of her parents combined. She loves her dog and the first thing she says in the morning is 'Nib oh Nib where are you?"
At Grandma's house though it's 'Where's Baylee?' and 'Where's Ryan?'
Although it's been difficult having to sleep with her to get even 4 hours of sleep a night, waking up in the morning to a smiling, pacifier-ed face and a bright happy 'hi!' is the best way to start off your day.
She wears her wings and pink furry tiara running around the house singing and playing. She is the perfect ray of light to brighten anyone's darkest day. She loves to hug everyone and says 'ahhhh' every time she does. She loves to give fist bumps. She loves to be outside.
In my eyes Stella is perfect and has me wrapped around her little finger. I don't want her to lose any part of her personality as she grows older and the world tries to change her. She will always be the brightest star in the night sky for this Mommy!
1 comment:
Well someone does read your blog. I do not usually comment on blogs because I am not very articulate. Also I have a soft spot and "weak tear ducts" haha.
I have tried a couple of times to comment on your blog but for some reason I have not been able to make it work. I guess no matter what I do it thinks I am a robot.
Grandpa B.
Post a Comment