
Thursday August 7th, I woke up with a really bad stomach ache and went to work, but was finding it hard to concentrate so at about noon I told my co-worker I was taking my lunch and planned to go take some pepto or tums or anything that might help. An hour later I went back and unfortunately nothing was better, but I felt obligated to go back. When I got there another co-worker told me to go home because she could tell I didn't feel well. Around three PM I was laying on my back unable to move and bawling because I didn't know what to do. My dad came and took me to St. Marks emergency room where they gave me an IV and then I had a cat scan and X-rays. I had a kidney stone AND a kidney infection. Now this was Thursday and today is Tuesday, today is the first day I've felt well long enough to sit at the computer and write down the story. I woke up at seven this morning still having pains and popped another loratab, something that has been my friend throughout all of this. Kidney stones are so painful they say it's the only thing comparable to child birth, so if you think about it I've been in labor for five days. . . . .NOT COOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment