Saturday, March 16, 2013

She's Here!


Well she's finally here! We are so excited and shocked that we finally have our sweet little girl home and our family is complete!

We appreciate all the friends and family that came to visit us during our hospital stay.

I cannot tell you how much that last visit from my mom and sisters helped me. I was on my last leg of energy and they helped me laugh through it and somehow I got a popsicle while they were there too! 
Mom tickled my back and put a cold wash cloth on my neck giving Jeff a well deserved break. 

Unfortunately for Jeff it wasn't long before I had a bit of a set back. I started feeling overwhelmed and discouraged that it just wasn't going to happen!

Then within the hour I was pushing out a baby and the next few days were a whirl wind. 

The hospital staff at St. Marks is amazing. My doctor was great and little Stella unfortunately came out with the umbilical cord around her neck. Doc had to cut it to get her out fast so Jeff didn't get the opportunity, but he was okay with it because he just wanted baby Stella to be ok. 

Stella came out very pale due to the lack of oxygen and they whisked her away to the nursery to get her taken care of. This also included an additional day stay at the hospital to monitor her and make sure everything was okay.

All in all it was a very good experience and we feel so blessed to have such a beautiful healthy baby. Thanks to everyone for you well wishes and support! We love you. 

No comments: