Tuesday, August 21, 2012

An Apple

So last night Jeff woke up at 1am to find his 9 month pregnant wife on the floor next to his side of the bed laughing. When he asked me what I was doing I just laughed harder because I didn't know how to explain it. My indigestion has been really bad lately, so much that it keeps me awake and I almost throw up all the time. At about 12am I finally got up and grabbed an apple to try and get something in my stomach. I ate most of it off the core and then like I do with everything lately, I dropped it and it fell under the bed. Rowdy comes running out from under the bed where he usually sleeps and I realized the apple had rolled quite a ways.
Due to my belly I could NOT get under the bed to get that stinking apple! I couldn't just leave it because the dogs would get it and how do I wake up my husband at 1 am to tell him to get the apple under the bed? I decided to try from Jeff's side of the bed, but I couldn't reach. I laid down on my back and tried to reach it with my legs, but I couldn't! It was impossible with this belly! Eventually I just started laughing at the situation and that's when Jeff woke up. He got the apple and tucked me into the arm chair by the window to help my indigestion. He put my grandma's quilt around me and propped my feet on the ottoman. Did I marry a great guy or what?
I do not handle not being able to do things very well. Just ask Jeff. I was not in a good mood when I could not get that apple!

2 comments:

patty said...

Too bad someone didn't get that on film. Haha

SassAFrass said...

That is an awesome story!